Spaceknights Annotations & Reviews
These are my reviews and annotations for the Spaceknights limited series. They are broken down by issue. Issue descriptions are from Marvel's solicitations. Further information can be found on each issues page. The main text has not been HTML formatted because they were originally posted to rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe and/or rec.arts.comics.reviews.
- Spaceknights #1: Annotations | Review
- Rom, Marvel's first Spaceknight, spent years banishing the evil
Dire Wraiths from Earth. Finally successful, the gleaming guardian
returned home to become the king of his homeworld, Galador. But now
that Rom has disappeared, it's up to his two sons-Tristan, the
Liberator, and Balin, also known as Terminator-to carry on his legacy!
But which one will wield Rom's mighty Neutralizer? Broken into
squadrons, the Spacknights are the peacekeeping protectors of their
galaxy. But what they don't know, however, is that their greatest
threat has returned in a form they never thought possible! Now it's
time to meet the new cosmic warriors: Starshine, leader of this new
generation, Pulsar with his rays of destruction, Firefall, wielder of
the Living Flame, Sentry, a member of the winged Angel Elite,
Hammerhand and his fists of steel, Javelin, master of an unbreakable
staff of Plandanium steel, Scanner, fastest of them all, and the other
new Spaceknights as they face off against the undying threat of the
dreaded Dire Wraiths!
This issue was #105 for the month of August, according to Diamond.
- Spaceknights #2: Annotations | Review
- Led by the headstrong Terminator, the Spaceknights are called in to squash an uprising on the planet Trion. But is everything as it seems? Our young heroes get their first real taste of action-and the results are deadly! Plus: Tristan begins to see visions of the future, but will these warnings come in time to save his teammates-or will they instead cause tragedy?
- Spaceknights #3: Annotations | Review
- The Spacekinghts mourn the loss of one of their own! Following a tragic death, Tristan battles guilt and the suspicion of his own teammates-but someone else is lurking in the shadows, waiting to strike! Plus: the Spaceknights face off against the fatal fury of the Deathwings! "The art is beautiful and detailed. Fans of Robotech should enjoy the body armor; it is so cool. This is going to be a well-thought-out story with lots of intrigue and conflict. Jump on with #1; you won't be disappointed." -Diane Inwood, Comic Buyer's Guide
- Spaceknights #4: Annotations (TBD)
- Tristan has discovered that there are Dire Wraiths on the planet Galador, but will anyone believe him? Meanwhile, the Spaceknights battle the Wraith Knights and come face-to-face with their worst nightmare: a Deathwing. With this new threat, will the Wraiths finally succeed in destroying the Knight's homeworld?
- Spaceknights #5: Annotations (TBD)
- The action-packed finale tthe sprawling space saga! Will Tristan save Galador? Will Balin find redemption or fall from grace? Whwill reveal his true form as a Dire Wraith? "Great story by Jim Starlin, and cool armor from Chris Batista. Buy this book. You'll like it." -Slushfactory.com