The 95 Recruiting Class.
Here is how I rate how the 95 class that did not red-shirt.
1. Kevin Jackson- DB 6-2 200 Jones CC. was First Team all-sec. He had over 60 tackles and 6 INT's. In Jr college had 127 tackles 5 int's and 4 sacks as a SOPH.
2. Fernando Bryant- DB 6-0 175 Murfressboror, Tennesse. Became the starter around the 7th game. As a prep Sr had 82 tackles and 6 int's.
3. Michael Feagin- ATh 5-8 175 Greenville, Alabama. Seemed to get better and better returning kickoff's as the season went on. As a prep Sr had 1,680 yds rushing and 16 td's.
4. Michael Vaughn- WR 6-1 185 Clarksdale, Mississippi. Struggled sometimes on punt returns. But he has time to develop in a great one. As a Prep Sr had 64 rec's for 1,081 yds and 17 td's also owns the Mississippi record for most TD catches in a career wit
5. Kelvin Sigler- DB 6-1 179 Mobile, Alabama. Saw significent time in the nickle formation. As a prep Sr had 102 tackles and 2 int's.He was the best cover man in the state a couple years ago.
6. Steven Stanley- DB 6-3 193 Leighton, Alabama. Played mostly on special teams, Tremedous ATH. As a prep Sr was class 3A MVP with 1,089 yds rushing and 1,600 yds passing with 23 td's. One of my favorite recruits from that year.
The Players that red-shirted
My Prediction for the players that red-shirted.
1. Shaun Alexander- RB 6-2 195 Florence, Kentucky. The gem of the last recruiting class. Had 3,166 yds and 56 td's as a Sr. All-American finished career with 6,657 yds rushing and 110 td's.
2. Clint Waggoner- DL 6-5 245 Fairburn, Georgia. With lack of depth on the DL he should see plenty of time. Had 102 tackles and 18 sacks as a Prep Sr. Also played TE and had 28 rec's for 370 yds and 2 td's.
3. Shamari Buchanan- WR 6-1 220 Atlanta, Georgia. Should see time at WR cause of lack of depth. As a Prep Sr broke his ankle but still had 15 rec's for 400 yds' and 5 td's.
4. Reggie Grimes- DL 6-4 280 Nashville, Tennessee. Moved to DL after ballooning to 280. Was a FB in HS. As a Prep Sr had 1,388 tds and 23 td's.
5. Jason McDonald- OL 6-6 285 Thedore, Alabama. Was the top OL in Bama last year. Is a good Run Blocker should be fighting for spot on 2nd team.
6. Thomas Hill- DB 5-10 170 Meridan, Mississippi. Is a very physical player Had 48 tackles and 1 int as a Sr. Stallings is giving him the chance at WR this Spring.
7. Michael Moore- OL 6-4 280 Fayette, Alabama. Is a great run blocker. Should be fighting for a spot on the 2nd team OL this season was a DL in HS.
8. Chris Samuels- OL 6-6 260 Mobie, Alabama. Had a neck injury as a Sr. Maybe was the best of the 3 OL last season but he had a injury and it slowed his progess down.
Bama Football Page